Society for People’s Action and Community Empowerment
(A voluntary organization Regd. under Indian Trust Act. 1882)
Dhalbhumgarh, JH 832302
“Coming together is beginning, keeping together is progress and working together is success”
Trust Act Regn. No. 544/02-03, Income Tax Regd. U/12A, FCRA Registration No. 337820038
Phone - 0657-2343015/09801338916
(Brief History of The organization)
Name : SPACE Foundation
Address : 11/7 Navjeevan Complex SPACE Foundation
Ramni Nagar Baridih Bose Colony
Dist. East Singhbhum Dist. East Singhbhum
Jharkhand 831017 Jharkhand 832302
Contact Person : PADMA PALASH MITRA
Telephone & Fax No : 91-0657-2343015 Mobile No. 09801338916
E Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal status of organization:
The SPACE Foundation is a registered body under Indian Trust Act 1882. Govt.
of Jharkhand. Registration No. 544/02-03
ii. Registration under FCRA:
Is also registered under Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) under the
Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India, Registration No. 337820038
iii. Registration under Income Tax:
• Also registered with Income Tax under 12'A for basic exemption from taxes.
Registration No. 12A/VIII-74/04-05
• Permanent Account No. AADTS2039L
• Tax Deduction Account No. RCHS02294F
It is obvious from the fact that average rural mass is more sensitive and oblivious in resolving their problems related to Social, Health, Economic, political and cultural etc.
Realizing the fact a group of local youth consisting of Rural Development Professionals, Development Change Agents having considerable and varied experience in development field joined their hands and established SPACE Foundation (SPACE – Society for People’s Action and Community Empowerment)
The SPACE Foundation’s basic objective is to serve the underprivileged and under privileged in the area so as to make them self-reliant and enabling them to manage, control and direct the process of changes.
2 - Area of Focus (vision and mission)
The Foundation will contribute better development of the society by facilitating and providing the means of access to the best of health services, economic sustainability, and create a society without illiteracy and social inequality among tribal, dalits and marginalized group through strengthening and empowering the women, youths, gram sabha and their right entitlement.
Aspire to make people aware to create a sustainable and vibrant community, build-up social responsibilities, and mobilize resources for sustainable development. Empower the unprivileged and underprivileged by strengthening their economic, social and health status through integrated development programs and socio-economic independence.
Making people conscious and aware by breaking their inertia will be main form of intervention; Organize people and facilitating development of their capacity for decision making is key approach.
SPACE Foundation aims for better standard of living for backward and unprivileged group in the field of Health, Education, Women Empowerment & Child issues, Environment and Sanitation.
Activity 1: Community Organization
• Village meeting, campaigning
• Discussion on the basic idea of the project
• Need assessment survey
• Formation of CBO’ s and SHGs
• The elderly male and female of the village decide their meeting regarding
facilitation of the program.
• Micro level planning by the villagers.
• Record keeping & understanding the rules and regulations of the CBOs & SHGs.
Activity 2: Training and Orientation
• Capacity building and training/orientation.
• Community mobilization
• Lecture and group discussion at the village level.
• Training on income generation program, revolving fund management and leadership
• Exposure visits by the village organization.
• Networking with financial/educational institutions national/international level
and other Govt. / Non Govt. organizations.
• Lobbying and advocacy
• Follow up.
The activities of SPACE Foundation are focused on tribal and women. However, dalits, backwards and marginalized communities are also getting equal priority and attention.
Operational Area: East Singhbhum & Seraikela-Kharsawan Dist. Jharkhand State,
Community Building/ * Regularize village meeting
Organization * Capacity building training to youth group
* Issue based workshop
Formal Education. * Quiz competition for High School students.
* Distribution of educational materials.
* Identify the dropouts and admit them in Govt.
Community Health * Health check up for girls students
* Organize health awareness camp at villages
* Mother and Child Health awareness.
* Reproductive Sexual Health education for
* Formation Adolescent group and peer educator.
* Establishment of youth resource centre
* Distribution of IFA & contraceptives/Insertion
Income Generation Program * Formation and strengthening of SHG, training and
* Linking them with financial institution
* Training program on Mushroom, Poultry,
Bakery and Leaf plate making.
Board of Trustees
Name Designation Qualification
Mr. Ashok Kumar Parira President PGDRD (XISS)
Mr. Tikaram Mahato Vice President B. Pharma
Mr. P. P. Mitra Secretary PGDRD (XISS)
Mr. Surya Bahadur Treasurer M. Sc (Math)
Ms. Dipantari Sardar Member B. Com
Ms. Lakshmi Member Matriculate
Ms. Shakuntala Bhakat Member Intermediate
1. Our organization is promoting Adolescent Reproductive Sexual Health Program (Sept.2004 to August 2009) in 35 villages under Potka Block of East Singhbhum Dist. and 20 slums areas of Jamshedpur Block of Jharkhand state. The David Lucile and Packard Foundation, USA support the total program, through the Nodal partner Tata Steel Rural Development Society, Jamshedpur.
2. We are also associated with National Horticulture Mission program, led by TSRDS this program launched in East Singhbhum, and SPACE Foundation assigned for plantation of fruit bearing plants (Mango, Cashew) in 180 hectares of land in Potka Block and 50 hectares in Dhalbhumgarh Block of East Singhbhum Dist, Jharkhand. The duration of the project is 2005-12.
3. We have established one Bakery Unit (funded by Ms. Hemlata from Switzerland through Eastern Elegance, Mumbai) at Kalapathar Village in Potka Block. The unit is run by a Women Group (Jai Saraswati Mahila Mandal).
4. PSI, Ranchi : IUD Insertion Program
5. An Educational promotion program is going on at Dhalbhumgarh Block of East Singhbhum Dist. 27 villages of 3 Panchayets are coming under this project. The project implemented October 2008 with the support of SPAR, Ranchi Unit, Development Focus, Bangalore and EDUKAN FOUNDATION, Netherland.
To link children of the age group of 6-14 year with relevant and qualitative education pattern and facilitate the linkage of rural youths between the age group of 15-18 year with different trades.
To enable the community in the form of community based organization like SHGs, PTA, MTA, and VEC to respond to the needs of the children’s of marginalized community.
Make the VEC and Block education system functional, and promote independent linkages of youths with various institutions in the referral areas by lobbying and advocacy.
Three strategies of the project namely – Direct Poverty Alleviation, Strengthening Civil society Organization and Lobbying and Advocacy together with all the activities of the project strive to achieve the same project components. Three major components have been assigned to achieve the ultimate goal of the project, the strategy plan of action all revolve around to achieve that ultimate component. The components are making the education qualitative, accessible and relevant.
OUR FOCUSED AREAS
1. Health promotion for Mother, Child & Adolescent.
2. Education Promotion, Child Right & Women Empowerment.
3. AIDS awareness and prevention.
4. Promotion and Protection of Environment.
5. Addressing Water conservation and Promotion of Agriculture.
6. Skill development & creation of Livelihood opportunity for youth.
7. Right based program.
Name : PADMA PALASH MITRA
Address : 16, New Baridih, Sabarmati Road, P.O. Baridih,
Jamshedpur, Jharkhand 831017
Educational Postgraduate Diploma in Rural Development,
Background : Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi.
Training Received : Attended Training Program on Basic Health Worker in
Essential New Born Care by Neo Natal Forum,
BPNI (Breastfeeding Promotion Network in India) Breast-Feeding counseling and complementary feeding – A Training Course.
Management Development Program on Planning & Management of Communication for RCH Care at Indian Institute of Health Management & Research, Jaipur, India.
Workshop Participated : Attended Technical Capacity Building Workshop for Field Implementers organized by CARE India, New Delhi.
6th Annual International Child Survival Workshop on “Better Practices in Child Health”.
International Thematic PRA Workshop organized by PRAXIS-Institute of Participatory Practices.
Employment & Experiences: Sr. Project Officer at Gram Vikas Kendra, a corporate NGO supported by Tata Motors.
Program Officer in Child Survival Project, A joint venture of CARE India and Parivar Kalyan Sansthan a corporate NGO.
Services & Training on Better Health Practices, intervention in the Area of Women Empowerment.
Founder of SPACE Foundation (SPACE - Society for People’s Action and Community Empowerment) a NGO functioning in East Singhbhum Dist. Jharkhand state, India.