This one day event will ideally depict the sorry state of girls in India and will also celebrate moments of joy and happiness.
We wish to weave a meaningful and inspiring story by means of several performances. Possible performance tracks listed below:
- Plays: If you are part of (or know) a theatre group that wants to perform to create awareness about a social cause we would love to partner with you.
- Documentaries: Short films are the best means of putting across a message to a large audience. We would want to feature documentaries/ short films that carry a social message and inspires people to respect and support girls and women. If you are a filmmaker or you know someone please do get in touch.
- Song performances: What would you want to listen to? Bollywood? Rock? Jazz? Classical? Do let us know your choice of music. If you are a singer/ part of a rock band/ know someone who does, do get in touch with us. A band that could promote a social message through their music would be nice.
- Dance performances: If you are a choreographer or a dance artist who'd want to dance to the tune of a social cause, the stage is all set for you.
- Other performances: Poetry recitals, Book reading, Stand-up comedy, Musical performances, etc.
We look forward to your suggestions and proposals to make this event a huge success. The event will be in Mumbai and 100% ticket proceeds from the event will go to verified NGOs in a completely transparent manner. The event is scheduled in October 2011
We are also looking for companies to sponsor the event venue and other expenses.
For any further queries/ suggestions/ ideas write to firstname.lastname@example.org