Media Associate Position at Ethos
Who are we?
Ethos is a multi family office based in India that caters to the wealth management, philanthropic and lifestyle needs of high net worth individuals.
What are we doing?
Ethos is building a social marketplace that will be the one-stop location for all information, interaction and resource mobilization in the development space. The portal will:
Feature the work and needs of thousands of credible NGOs
- Create a strong network of donors and investors who will have a wide menu of giving options ranging from grants, loans, equity investments to volunteer and pro bono opportunities
- Build an extensive database of reliable service providers and professionals that offer legal, accounting, capacity building and fund raising services
- Provide robust feedback and rating mechanisms that allow funders to track their donations and evaluate the impact that their investments have created
What will the Media Associate do?
- Interact with and profile NGOs, social entrepreneurs, philanthropists, global foundations, journalists and policy makers
- Create and publish innovative written, audio and video material for the portal
- Conceptualize campaigns and competitions for social causes
- Develop simple, interesting frameworks for reporting and communication
- Contribute to and moderate a blog on the development sector
What are we looking for?
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Background in journalism and/or blogging
- Entrepreneurial and creative
- Demonstrated commitment and passion
- Basic knowledge in finance is an added advantage but not necessary
Why should you join us?
- Be part of a diverse, entrepreneurial team and create a portal that will revolutionize the social sector
- Use your creativity and talent to do cutting edge journalistic work
- Build a strong network amongst a variety of leaders in the social space
- Define your own career path in an organization that will offer you multiple opportunities to explore your strengths
Where will you be placed? Mumbai
What is the compensation?
Competitive salary based on your experience
Application Procedure: Please email your CV, a writing sample and links to your work to email@example.com
I recently graduated from IIT Kharagpur and have been working in the Philanthropy department of a start-up. We are building a one-stop online portal for the development sector. I have had some interesting experiences working with NGOs in my town Varanasi.I beleive that information is the first st.....read more