Job Title: Communications and Marketing Manager / Associate / Intern
Job Status: Part time or Full time or Internship
Who are we?
Samhita is a social enterprise that makes giving cool, easy and effective by:
- Enabling Indian NGOs to raise funds for free using the Samhita.org portal
- Helping companies implement effective corporate social responsibility (CSR) strategies that engage employees, customers and the larger community to create large scale social impact
- Facilitating effective awards and grants campaigns for donors that want to reach out to thousands of NGOs. We ensure that NGOs can apply for these grants within hours not weeks
- Enabling companies, researchers and service providers to reach out to more than 38,000 NGOs
We are supported by N.S Raghavan, the co-founder of the Infosys Technologies.
1800+ NGOs are registered with Samhita and we currently service some of the largest companies as well as the fastest growing start-ups that want to implement innovative, impactful corporate social initiatives.
You will create a wide variety of opportunities for NGOs – these can range from online fund raisers that leverage Facebook and Twitter to organizing offline events for NGOs with celebrities at event spaces in Mumbai. In addition you will manage all the content and marketing for the Samhita and the Global India Fund portals. To achieve this, you will work closely with our portal development team and build alliances with social and corporate leaders, media, design houses, writers and other contributors.
You will also manage the communication, marketing and outreach activities for our corporate and foundation clients including conceptualizing their social initiatives, creating effective marketing campaigns, identifying NGO partners and overseeing activities. You will be responsible for creating and designing all the online and offline collateral and marketing material for Samhita.
In short, you will build Samhita’s brand among NGOs, companies, foundations, researchers, media and potential donors.
You should have:
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Excellent oral communication skills in English and Hindi
- Strong leadership, influencing and problem solving skills
- Experience of building and managing partnerships
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, multi‐disciplinary, startup environment with minimal supervision
- Good graphic design skill
- Expertise in working with MS Office and Adobe Photoshop
- Enthusiasm to work in the development sector
Why should you join us?
- Use your creativity and talent to leverage a wide variety of resources to build and engage communities of thousands of non-profits and millions of people
- Build a strong network amongst a variety of leaders in the social space
- Define your own career path in an organization that will offer you multiple entrepreneurial opportunities
Compensation – Competitive salary based on your skills and experience. We will arrange for accommodation for the first 1-2 months for outstation candidates.
Application Process – Please send your CV / resume, a writing sample and a short cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements, to email@example.com.
A philosophy/literature graduate from Mumbai University and an explorer by heart, I worked as a teacher in an NGO with underprivileged children before taking up Human Resources as a Career. However I found my true calling while assisting for an independent evaluation project for an NGO and decided.....read more