Want to see a transformation in the Education sector?
Here's your opportunity to be part of it!
Muktangan, an initiative of Paragon Charitable Trust, is a pioneering educational programme with an innovative model, working in close partnership with the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) and a number of NGOs across the country.
Muktangan, has pioneered the Whole School-Based approach in the urban sector by developing a model that incorporates all the various aspects of quality education: the classroom environment , the curriculum and content, the
teacher (whom we train from the community members) as a facilitator and the
student as an active learner.
Muktangan was founded by Elizabeth Mehta based on her vast experience of four decades both in the formal school system and with a professional development organization working in several States across the country, in both urban and rural settings. It was her understanding both of the needs of the sector, and the larger vision of inclusion that led her to develop an approach that was child-centered and unique. Muktangan which began as a pilot balwadi now spans seven Municipal schools with its own integrated teacher training program, and has impacted several other implementing organizations through an outreach programme.
In order to consolidate and grow Muktangan, we need
1. A Secondary School Mathematics and Science teacher who will lead this new approach to teaching of these subjects in the Middle School Pilot
programme to be launched in this academic year.
2. Social Workers who would lead or assist in Muktangan’s community programme and provide the interface between the community (mainly parents) and Muktangan.
3. A Chief Librarian who will further develop the Library programme across
the seven schools and enhance the reading and research skills of both children and teachers.
4. Faculty members who have a Masters in Human Development or relevant teaching qualifications to lead our schools and take part in our outreach work.
5. Qualified Faculty for supporting children with special educational needs.
6. Resource Executives for mobilizing resources, raising awareness and
Candidates having Development background and experience with Donors would be preferred.
Candidates for all posts would need to be passionate about education…
Please apply with your CV and a one page note note i) the role of Education as you see it and ii) why you wish to work with Muktangan. Please send your application as soon as possible to:-
Mrs. Elizabeth Mehta
I-11/12 Paragon Centre,
Mumbai 400 013.
I am a PhD student at the University of Southern California with research interests in robotics. I did my undergraduate studies from IIT Bombay. Being a member of NGO Post is an attempt at doing something for the community that I am a part of.
Most of my posts here are due to Chandni (htt.....read more