As you are aware, the number of natural disasters affecting our country is on the rise and a larger section of the population is being affected every year. This has made the job of the organizations working on the ground more complex – requiring them to coordinate all activities in an ever expanding geographical area while ensuring accountability and efficiency.
In order to help organizations doing such fantastic work at a crucial time, Samhita Social Ventures ( www.samhita.org ) and Logistimo ( www.logistimo.com ) are building a mobile and web based disaster management platform. The platform will help NGOs:
- Communicate their needs and requirements to a larger audience consisting of donors, volunteers, support agencies and the media
- Attract greater donations from individual and institutional donors (both foreign as well as domestic)
- Receive relief items quickly and track the inventory of materials
- Provide quick updates from the field to donors
- Reduce wastage and speed up the process of relief
We encourage all organizations irrespective of their experience in disaster management to take this survey.
We are looking for NGO partners and are also seeking advice from practitioners and experts to understand how Indian NGOs respond to and manage disasters. If your organization has prior experience in disaster management and would like to be a partner on this project please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any queries or further details please contact me on email@example.com